April 21, 2013

School Is Over!

As of yesterday I've officially ended my student life stage. I don't think it has hit me yet though.

Since I am now a free person, I've been taking a little break playing Civilization V (disappointing sessions, mainly because I do not have a proper strategy for Egypt) while tweaking my portfolio.

Today I started experimenting in Illustrator. I love the clean lines and the brushes. I feel like it'll be very good practice for me since it'll require me to take more care with my strokes. I really admire those who can draw creatively with clean lines.

Here is the practice piece: a simple portrait of Princess Abigail. She is how I would picture what a  Mesopotamian princess would look like with lots and lots of gold jewelry that I didn't draw on. I love ancient mesopotamia!

This is Princess Abigail. I created this character for third year assignments but I find myself keep on going back to her. I love the world of ancient Mesopotamia and if I ever have a chance I will make a film based on that time. Maybe Princess Abigail will be in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment