August 6, 2013

Join the fight against animal cruelty!

In the spirit of EU's recent ban on animal testing for all cosmetic products, I've decided to join in on the cause. It has come to my attention that new technology have already appeared that are much better than animal testing in every way and produce much better results. However, majority of cosmetic companies are still refusing to change their policy due to various reasons (marketing products to countries where animal testing is mandatory, cost of changing product development process etc.). Personally I've decided to boycott those brands who are not working towards gaining a cruelty-free reputation and receiving recognition from PETA and/or Leaping Bunny.

Of course that means my choices when it comes to shopping for "girly things" have become severely limited, which is not necessarily a bad thing for me since I will no longer be dazzled by all the pretty bottles on store shelves. Plus, I get to start exploring for smaller brands that are not very well known but carry awesome, cruelty-free and affordable products.

So far, through referencing the PETA list and looking up company FAQs, I've gather a few more well-known brands that can be found at Sephora or Shoppers which are cruelty free. I am happy to know that I've been a fan of some of them even before joining in on this cruelty-free business.

Lush
Yes To
Joe Fresh (Loblaw's own brand)
Live Clean (proudly Canadian!)
Kiss My Face
Yes To 
Hard Candy
Physician’s Formula (great for sensitive skin)
Wet n’ Wild (awesome eye-shadow palettes)
GOSH Cosmetics
Organix (a treat for your hair)
Stila (favourite make-up brand of all time)
NARS
Too Faced
Hourglass
Tarte
NYX (sexy lipsticks)
Lise Watier (proudly Canadian!)

I encourage everyone owns a pet, who loves animals to look into this cause. What would we do, if it's one of our dears at home, that is being forced to have chemicals put onto them for the benefit (not survival) of us? 

Next time I visit a drugstore, or any store with cosmetics, I will be sure to look into the products myself in person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment